My Xbox won't connect to Live, but it connects to the internet.

So...my 360 slim won't connect to Live, but it connects to the internet fine and I can access Facebook with it etc. I can ping it from another computer also..

The xbox is connected via LAN through a switch and then into my router. UPnP is enabled in my router and the Xbox live ports are forwarded to my xbox as well.

When I run the network test, it says it can't connect to the network (red X on the first part of the test) even thoguh it actually can, as I said I can access FB and stuff from the xbox.

When I plug the xbox directly into my router, not via the switch, I get one step further on the network test:

So I tried connecting throguh WiFi instead, and when I run the test I get this yellow triangle:

(Don't mind my awesome WiFi name, lol)

And then I get a message about how NAT is strict or something. I don't get that message if I use cable.

I've tried everything...I just can't figure out what's wrong here. I used to have the old Xbox (arcade) about a year ago, and it worked perfectly....

Somebody help please? :(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 129 Applies to:

Hmm, odd. Well, in the future, make sure you are not overlapping on these, just to make sure it doesn't cause future issues.

That said, I found a link with some general steps relating your particular failed connection test. Please check this out (support.xbox.com/.../error-cant-access-internet-problem-connection-978953) and try the steps there. If that doesn't help, please post back with what you tried and what happened. Let me know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok you got me :P

Anyway...tried only having UPnP turned on without port forwards and vice versa, no difference... :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Tim! Don't try to lie, you're working for the CIA, aren't you?! At any rate, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues connecting to LIVE. The first thing I notice is that you have both UPnP and port forwards in action here. It is my understanding that this is a no-no. Can you try disabling UPnP to see if that helps. If it doesn't, or things get worse, enable it again and then discontinue the port forwarding. Let me know how that goes, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Well its a month since i got the Xbox so its not last weeks update that is the problem

Sorry this didn't help.

i use WiFi i can connect to the network and internet but wont connect to xbox live? been doing this for 2 days and now it wont let me download the new update?....

Sorry this didn't help.

you aren't the only one bruh. They keep telling me its my connection. I unpluged my xbox and pluged in my laptop and I am flying online. Plug my xbox in and I can't download the update, i can't connect now. its the update from last week, its not you. They will try to convince you it anything but a MS issue. Just laugh and wait for the fix I guess. I been without live for over a week. Good Job MS!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.