my xbox slim will not turn on.

Just a bit of a back story. I just purchased this xbox slim in January.  It came without a hard drive so I purchased a new one. I put the new hard drive in no problem. Now I did get the red dot, however, shortly after I fixed that issue another arrised. I shut it down and came back 1hr later (it was working then). Whrn I came back to turn it on I just get the beep and no light turning on and no picture. Now ive tried everything I can think of. I changed wall outlets. I checked for dust and any nicks that could be in the plastic. I also tried reinserting the harddrive and double check all my cables. My power box is yellow/orange. Which I know is stand by. But it doesny turn green when I attept to turn my xbox on. I looked at all the post I watched the yt vids and nothing is helping. I shouldny have to send in a nearly new and very very well maintained xbox. If anyone has a solution that worked for you please let me know. I'm sure if this has happened to you, u will undrrstand the frustrations behind this. This is my only aource of ebtertainmebt short of blue ray. I don't have cable I use netflix. Please help if yiu can.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 106 Applies to:

Just to check? did you have a previous Xbox before your slim? And do you still have it?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had one yes but I got rid of it when I got my new one

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there jXowens23! Did you purchase this console new or used in January? Also, what type of hard drive did you buy to put in it?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes it was brand new. I put a 320 in it I belive. Had no problems till last niggt with it

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately it sounds like the console is in need of repair. I can definitely empathize with how frustrating that is! However, the good news is that your console is well within it's warranty, so a repair won't cost you anything. You can also set one up online, so it's pretty easy! Visit support.xbox.com/.../repair-process for more information on this process.

Sorry this didn't help.