My Xbox Slim will not stay connected

i have wifi with a windstream network and a windstream router/modem and i will be playing black ops and it will disconnect me but my internet connection is perfect i test it and it says it works, my ipod touch connects to it my desktop works fine and my laptop works fine, but for some reason my xbox will disconnect and wont lemme reconnect i've restarted my router and modem and have unplugged every cord and it still will not work, this is frustrating me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

In addition to what Mister Fitzer asked, does your router have additional settings in place such as having port forwarding, DMZ, and/or UPnP turned on all together or in combination? If so, i would recommend that you disable extra settings that you don't need and stick to just one. Such as having UPnP on and Port forwarding/Triggering off and DMZ off. Having multiple router settings can create sensitive networking issues particularly to consoles.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Its ur ipod touch, i know it sounds weird but i have the same problem. While playin Skyrim i use my ipod to run pandora, when i turn it off my connections is fine. Technology is strange sir. Hope this helps

Sorry this didn't help.

When you run a LIVE connection test after being disconnected, what does the error message say exactly? Is 'more info' available?

Sorry this didn't help.