My Xbox Slim doesnt turn off the first time

My Xbox Slim does not turn off the first time i touch the power area 

when i press it it still runs but it does not show anything on my tv and the the power area blinks green 

then i have to press it 2 more times for it to turn off

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

This may simply be the delayed power off that came along with the latest dashboard update and cloud storage. It may be uploading data if you use the cloud storage regardless of whether you have saved to it recently and it typically blinks during this period. It may also be downloading data like demos or videos if you set them to download and they have not completed. Mine does this all the time which is why i suggest it as a possible solution.

My question would be, how long does it stay on for after you hit the button without touching it?

Also, are you always online when it does this?

If it is within a couple of minutes or so and then turns itself off then it would most likely be this. You can also tell if you disconnect from the network (either by removing ethernet cable, or logging out of live and your profile) and it instantly turns off when you press the button. If not and it continues to stay on for a long period, you may need to contact customer service if it is a issue for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Um as far as i know it stays on forever till i press it 2 more times i rarely ever download something but heres the thing one time i came on xbox it said i needed a update i did it it finsihed i turned off my xbox this is when it occured

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there! Try this: when you turn the console off (just one press please!) let is go for a little while. This blinking should only go on for about a minute or so, but it will turn off automatically. Since you have been bypassing this by pressing multiple times, the first time might take a little longer. Try this out and let us know how it goes, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having this problem also, coupled with the fact that my fan NEVER stops running.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Chibi, we're more than happy to assist with your console questions, but we ask that you please create your own thread for official support. :-) Please include a full description of the issue, along with what you've tried so far to resolve it. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.