my xbox resets every time i turn it off

every time i turn my xbox off it resets it's self, i have to sign in at lease 4 time for it to remember my gamer score and today it told me to ' curate an avatar' as if i just signed up for the Xbox, and my online racks and campaign on games such as Gears of war 2  are reset, and it's saying i haven't played Gears Of War 2 sience 4/28/2011 but i was playing today , i don't know if i have been hacked or what. plus i have only had it from Christmas this year, so it's not old at all. 

thanks for the time to reply

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It sounds like you purchased your console fairly recently, so to save yourself the headache, you may just want to contact the retailer about an exchange.

However, if you'd like to troubleshoot, we'd be happy to help. The first thing you should try is clearing your cache. You can do so by going to 'System Settings' in teh Xbox dashboard, selecting 'Memory,' and then highlighting your memory device. If you press (Y), you'll see the option to clear. Go ahead and do so.

If that doesn't resolve your issue, try the console with the HDD removed, if one is present. Let us know how it goes!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.