My xbox "can't connect to xbox live?"

So I just got home from vacation about two hours ago, and as I recall before I left, my xbox was up and running crystal clear. Well, after I got home today I thought about playing some good ole' video games. I turned on the xbox, and the sign in took a really long time. However, it eventually just gave up and said, "There's a problem with your connection." I looked into it and tried to test my connection, and everything worked fine until it came to the Internet and Xbox Live connection part. In that area in the very end, it says "There was an error while trying to sign-in." Then after I clicked suggestions, it said this: "Your console is connected to the Internet but can't contact Xbox-Live." I've gone through all suggestions; restarting the router AND modem  AND xbox; waited another hour before trying again; and even resetting my system to its factory defaults. Some please help!

***I have a wired connection

I have an Xbox 360 that I believe is the Slim, it's only a few months old, black and that new design thing

I have a Cisco 2100 modem and a Sonos Apple Motem

I have an Apple router (I think it's the airport one)

I also have a plug-into-the-wall Netgear modem thing to help get a stronger connection since my game room is on the second floor (Yes I've restarted this also)

That's about everything. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Firstly, welcome to Xbox support forum and going back to your questions there could be multiple reasons why it's doing this such as ports etc luckily I happen to know a step to step guide which I will share with you it's all the possible answers to your question I really hope this helps you please keep us updated with your problem as we would love to hear if these steps worked found here support.xbox.com/.../error-your-console-connected-internet-cant-contact-xbox-live-979102.  Thanks hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.