My Xbox Problems

Hello there.

This is my first time posting on the forums, so I'll do the best I can at explaining myself. This is my first Xbox console and so far it has been amazing, much better than what I expected and I can't wait for the upcoming games (Although it's a shame Infamous Second Son isn't on Xbox, eh?)... Up until now. I turned my console on this morning about 1 hour and a half ago and the problems escalated from there. I will provide a list, so that it's easier to read.

1. My console refused to connect to my internet (Bit I've fixed that now)

2. I tried to play Titanfall but every time I opened it up, it crashed. I thought it was because my Xbox Live ran out (More on that later), so I tried Forza 5 and that refused to work as well.

3. I had a spare 12 subscription so I tried to used that, but the console came up with  a message saying that something went wrong and to enter a code to the error help page, but that didn't work.

4. I googled the issue and found out about this update that was rolled out yesterday and thought that I would update my Xbox, as it wasn't able to because it lost connection with the internet (1). It's then I find out my CONTROLLER stopped working. ANOTHER problem to add to the list. Well, it's not that it doesn't work exactly, just that it turns on and says that it is connected, but when I try to sign it on the home screen, the cursor doesn't move. So I ordered a long USB to micro-USB cable from Amazon so that I can connect. But in terms of wireless connection, I noticed that the red lights in the top of the controller aren't on, which makes me question if it's really connected. When I press the connect buttons the red lights flash but go off again after the white button stays solid.

I really hope that someone can help me as I'm in a very annoying position, and any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Do you use instant on mode or energy saving mode?

Instant on mode is like standby mode on your pc. If the console glitches and you switch the console off the glitch remains because your console is in standby.

So if you are using instant on then try a full shutdown by holding to power button until console fully shuts down and powerbrick light turns orange.

Once powerbrick light is orange disconnect the power for a couple of minutes before switching back on.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok thank you, I'll try that. And yes, I do have 'Always On' mode on but for some reason my Xbox disconnected from my internet some time yesterday or last night.  But thank you for your help, I will try it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also there is a service alert for both titanfall and forza 5.

Microsoft are aware of it and working on a fix.

Sorry this didn't help.