My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself...Help?

My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself.  It is usually late at night, I wake up in the morning or if it's been off for more than a couple of hours and the xbox is on.  It turns my TV on, but not my cable box, and my tv is dim.  Then when I get my controller, my TV stays dim until I turn my xbox off and back on again.  I've seen this asked in other forums, so I know im not the only one, but from their threads, it seems like moderators are giving generic answers, marking the post as "resolved" when the issue isn't fixed.  Anyone have ideas?  Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated September 25, 2018 Views 100,511 Applies to:

I too have this problem.  Every morning when I wake I, I come in to a TV that is dim, a cable box that is on, and an Xbox One that is on.  I've googled this and there doesn't appear to be an answer.  Do I have a faulty Xbox (I just got it less than a week ago) that needs returned? Or is there another answer?

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've had this issues a couple times, but not in a while..  Did you try the power button reset? Holding for 30 seconds or so, till the fans and everything shuts down, then unplugging for 2 mins..  I did that for another issue and have not had this issue since either..

Exodus Bro...

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem yesterday . I  left my  house when I got back the xbox was on. And the tv was dim. Around 4am it turned it self back on. Today I unplugged everything  hope that won't happen again.

Sorry this didn't help.

I too have been having this problem every day since the new commercials came out. I could see my xbox turn on when he said xbox on. However the last couple days I have unplugged my kinect and it is still turning on. Today I woke up to find it not only on, but a game was loaded, and tv was snapped(even though it's not setup or have ever used it). I'm about to send Microsoft a bill as there's a noticeable jump in my electric bill since the xbox has been deciding to play itself.

I should point out that I live alone and it's not like I have friends or kids or even a pet to turn it on in the middle of the night.

Sorry this didn't help.

As I was typing this it loaded xbox fitness by itself. Seriously. Wtf is going on with my xbox I have been trying to get replaced for the last 7 months now.

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have this issue, picked up a kinect-less xbox one two weeks ago.  I tried turning off auto updates thinking that could be it, but no avail.  There really isnt a setting i see?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there lobetastic!

In order for us to provide a tailored support experience, please create your own thread.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm bumping this up because my Xbox One just started doing this yesterday. We turn it off, it turns itself back on within an hour. The screen is dimmed and won't light up even when we use a controller. Auto-sign-in is off as is the ability to turn on the Xbox using Kinect.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, SpudsyD! Please post a new thread like Mister Quimby states above you. We'd like to give you individual support. :)

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.