My Xbox One is refusing to read games

I've recently received my brand new Xbox One CoD ghosts bundle and is less than a day old. Once I finished setting up the Xbox and installing updates, I inserted the game disc into the Xbox and it is refusing to read the disk saying "Sorry, we are unable to play this disc - Try an Xbox One game, a music CD, or a movie on Blu-ray or DVD. (0x80820002)". Without thinking I first tried a power cycle with no success, then I tried inserting a movie (specifically DVD) as well as a music CD they both worked with no problems. So far I'm stuck with an Xbox playing all but what's important, Games. What do?

Question Info

Last updated October 9, 2018 Views 60,702 Applies to:
Answer

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about the error code issue and any inconveniences this may have caused.  We believe that the issue has been resolved.  If you are continuing to experience error code 0x80820002 then please give a few troubleshooting steps a try:

• Make sure your Xbox One console is placed horizontally on a flat, stable surface.
  • Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console for 10 seconds.
  • Once your console is powered off, unplug the power cord.
  • Wait 3 minutes and then plug in your console.
  • Power on your console and try playing a disc.

If you have tried the suggested steps and if the issue continues, we recommend having your console repaired or exchanged. If you would like to speak with someone about having your console exchanged, contact the retailer where you purchased your Xbox One console. If you would like have your console repaired, you can set up a console repair from our Online Service center or from our Contact Us page.

We can definitely understand how frustrating this could be.  Once again, we are sincerely sorry to hear about any inconveniences this may have caused.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.