My Xbox One is broken...is it possible to get a refund?

I ordered my Xbox One on the microsoft store. Till yet i downloaded Forza and some movies and never used a disc. That changed today as i planned to watch a movie. The console made some terrible noise and did not read the disc at all. Well turns out my console has a production error and needs to be "repaired". To be honest i´m totally disappointed about that and think thats terrible quality management. Now what option does Microsoft offer me? They tell me to send the console back for repairs. But i don´t want to that for various reasons.

1. How is it possible to deliver a faulty product for that high price? I did read it happened to many people, so it is not a rare occassion.

2. I don´t want waste time on a faulty product. I don´t want waste gas for my car to drive it to some UPS station.

3. A repaired console is flawed from the beginning and it is only a matter of time till it breaks up again. That does not fit the standards of quality i expect for that price.

I ask if a refund is possible because i simply don´t want that product anymore. 

P.s.: I´m from germany and the chat and hotline are closed already so i post here to get an answer.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm sure Microsoft would provided a refund since the system is faulty and most Xbox One's comes with at lease one year warranty. But you will have to contact Customer support (When it's open for you) and explain to them that you want a refund instead of a repair, But that means.

* You will have to drive to a UPS store anyways to ship it back to Microsoft.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

But they only offer a repair option.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a reasonably well known issue. I suspect it might involve the Blu-ray drive lens being out of alignment in some manner, but I have no evidence to support this hypothesis. At any rate, the best you can do is try to return it to your retailer or ship it to Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

please post in on the xbox one support page that link is here forums.xbox.com/.../4269.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.