My Xbox no longer reads my USB flash drive. It shows up as a unconfigured UBS drive. How can I save my games?

So my girlfriend and I moved in together and we decided to retire my old gen 1 xbox 360 and begin to use her new xbox 360 slim. Her Xbox only had a 4gb hard drive so we opted to buy a 32gb flash drive until we got a new hard drive. So I moved all my game saves and content (16gbs worth) onto this flashdrive so that I could play on this new xbox. It worked for a day or two, then we turned on the console to play some dungeon defenders but the games did appear. I went to the system memory and the flash drive read as unconfigured. Nothing showed up beyond the option to "configure" and "customize".

After reading some threads of similar problems I plugged my flashdrive into the computer and it powered just fine and dandy. No files appeared within it though, No hidden files, nothing (on windows 7 laptop) I did however check the properties and found that 16gb were still claimed on the device. I have some hope that I can access them and store them onto a new flashdrive for just enough time to put them on a new HDD. I just dont know how.

Please help.

thanks! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Same thing happened to me with my COD files. I hope someone knows how to fix it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, not all Flash drives are the same, different manufacturers use different types of flash chips, with different speeds and capabilities.  Some Flash drive makes will work just fine with a PC, but don't work well with the Xbox 360.  These drives will lose data or become unformatted.  There isn't anything that can be done if this happens and there is no way to recover the data either.

If your drive becomes unformatted after only a few days use, then you should try a different brand of Flash drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.