My xbox live account

Hi I hope someone can help

I can't access my gold account. I think my gold account expired so I tried to put in my card details to update my account but it wouldn't accept it. It told me to go to xbox.com. I have logged onto my pc and gone into my xbox sign in. I signed in but it won't let me go to my account it says there is a glitch and won't let me do anything. I tried clicking on the support chat but it says it doesn't recognise the address (I clicked on it from the tab)

At the top of my screen it has my username and the link for my account is green along with the sign out link but the gold member link is grey. I need to get my gold account activated with the new payment but it won't let me.

please help

Coolchele 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Sounds like you need to do one of two things.  You can try fixing your billing suspension at billing.microsoft.com.  If it's not letting you add a new payment option, it might be something wrong with the payment option.  Does it have money on it?  Is it activated?  Are you sure you're using the right billing address?  Basic stuff.  If that's not working out, the other thing to try is calling Xbox Customer Support.  Their billing team can add the payment option on there for you and charge your declined balance to it which should bring your Gold service back online.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I managed to change the payment option on my xbox I added a new card to it. But I am still faced with the same problem my billing address and everything else are all correct.

I still don't understand why it won't let me access my account on my pc either.

Thank you for the quick reply

Sorry this didn't help.

The account accepted your payment option, but it doesn't know that you want to use it for your suspended Gold subscription.  Trying accessing Account Management on your console.  Under "Your Memberships", select "Xbox LIVE Gold".  Then choose "Change Payment Option".  Select your good credit card, and that should fix it.  Expect it to process the declined payment right away, and that should lift the suspension.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you so much Klokkwork

I tried that and it worked great. I also read some of the other forums and found that they suspend your online live (pc)account too. Bit mad really could have had this sorted a couple of days ago otherwise!

Thank you for your help

Coolchele

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Coolchele!

Glad to hear Klokkwork was able to help you get things sorted. Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be happy to assist. =)

Sorry this didn't help.