My Xbox LIVE Account is being used by an outside source

Here's the story.

One day, I'm happily playing some MW3, and all of a sudden, I'm logged out of Xbox Live.

I'm thinking: "WTF is this?"

So, I log back on, and a message appears at the bottom of the screen. It says: "N00bs Hate Me has been signed in on another console."

At this exact moment, I get scared.

I'm thinking: "Oh no!"

So, I try to log on to my MSN e-mail, and I find out that the password has been changed.

I didn't remember the answer to my secret question, so I had to fill out this online form for them to let me reset my password.

Now, I log back on today, and the same message appears: "N00bs Hate Me has been signed in on another console."

I want to know how I can get this person to stop using my account before he does something to it.

Sincere Regards,

Sevaun

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Call support right now and get an unauthorised access investigation started that's how.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Additionally, if no damage has been done to the account and you're able to get it back in your control, you can change the WLID email on the account without the need to file an unauthorized investigation.  Most thieves will hit the credit card on file with point purchases and/or spend whatever MS points you had on the account, so definitely check into that before forgoing an investigation.

Sorry this didn't help.

In addition to what Vernier and Gob said, remove your credit card on your account (I'm pretty sure you can do that, but correct me if I'm wrong).

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's what I would suggest you do.

1) If you have regained control of your WLID associated with your gamertag, log on to xbox.com, access My Account and use the "Account Profile Protection" option to forcefully log your account out from all consoles, including your own.

2) For your current WLID, change your secret passphrases questions AND answers (if any), alternatively use "Trusted PC" or "SMS" in lieu of secret passphrases.  Check 'alternative' e-mail addresses registered with this WLID for any you don't recognize.  Also consider your current WLID might be vulnerable if any of those alternative e-mail accounts themselves have been compromised.

3) Consider creating a brand new WLID, and migrate your gamertag from your current WLID to it.

4) Contact Microsoft XBOX Live Support and file an Unauthorized Access (UA).  This comes at a price however and depends on how much damage has been done (unauthorized charges, etc).  You will lose access to your account some point after you file.  If you've had no unauthorized charges or points purchases, consider yourself lucky and avoid the UA.

Sorry this didn't help.