My xbox light flashes and makes a knocking noise why is it doing that

My xbox light flashes and makes a knocking noise and i dont know why

Try this:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

2. Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.

3. Press and hold the BIND (controller sync button located on the left side of the console or bottom right if a one S or one X) and the EJECT button and then just press the Xbox button on the console once.

4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

7. To reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Reset this Xbox. 

9. When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

If that doesn't help I'm afraid it is something with the hardware. You can try asking for help here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I had the same problem with the original xbox one.  It was the first warning on my xbox one that the internal harddrive was dying.  After it did this for a few weeks I could no longer access anything on the internal harddrive.  Mine was out of warranty, luckily it was about the same time as the xbox one x was coming out so I just bought that.  Here is the link to send in your xbox one for repairs https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/warranty-and-service/getting-your-product-serviced

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 6, 2024 Views 479 Applies to: