My Xbox Lags But I Dont Know What The Problem Is!!

Hi, I am 14 and from the UK and whenever I am playing any game on multiplayer on xbox live i apparently lag. I get messages every game i go into saying that i am lagbotting or i have a lag switch. On my screen i am not even lagging, but when i watch killcams i can see where the other people are coming from. It takes me a good 5-6 bullets before i actually get a bullet into the enemys to. (BO2)    |     Whenever i play FIFA 13 i get messages saying that i have awful connection and that i am cheating but i am not. But yet again on my screen the game is absolutely perfect. Please help i used to be a competitive player and i was in a good few teams but i had to give it up because i just couldn't play because we would lose all of our matches by default because the enemys say that we are cheating PLEASE HELP!! My Internet speed is good too. http://www.speedtest.net/result/2932553013.png   When a friend was round we were playing on his Xbox and we didnt experience any connection problems at all and we didn't get any abusive messages either...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Try another speed test, but instead of having the site less than 50 miles away...Do it for Los Angles California, or Seattle Washington, basically on the other side of the world as yourself.  A speed test at less than 50 will give you skewed results, as most of the time you will not be connecting to a game server that close.

It might also be your NAT type it can be causing connection problems if it is not set to OPEN.

everyone else in the game has fine connection and i am 100% it is my xbox not my connection

It has to be your connection. In most cases the connection is always the problem, so how are you connected through Wifi or by an Ethernet Cable? Maybe while you are playing someone is on your connection and causing your internet to act up. For example your playing Black Ops 2 and someone at home is on the computer/laptop or even on the cell phone may cause your internet to be slow. Any other devices that are streaming or surfing the web while connected to your internet can interrupt your game. Now for your Xbox, the only thing I can think of is Clear System Cache on your Hard Drive. If your connected to Xbox Live by Wifi, I advise you to be connected by an Ethernet Cable. Best of Luck.

[quote user="Bluntman1138"]

Try another speed test, but instead of having the site less than 50 miles away...Do it for Los Angles California, or Seattle Washington, basically on the other side of the world as yourself.  A speed test at less than 50 will give you skewed results, as most of the time you will not be connecting to a game server that close.[/quote]

Since the OP is British (same as me), if we do a ping test from Blighty to New York, the ping will be 100ms+.  If I ping California it will be 180ms+.  This isn't realistic, even for Xbox LIVE.  The vast majority of LIVE games do not have dedicated servers anyway.  They are client/sever based - sometimes incorrectly termed as p2p. 

Black Ops II for example doesn't have dedicated servers.  There are Call of Duty servers, but all they do is matchmaking and stats recording.  The games are hosted by other LIVE users.  If you have the preferences set to 'best connection' then the game will search for lobbies within a 50 - 75ms ping.  This insures you are teamed up with people within a 50 to 200 mile radius.

Even when games do have dedicated servers, they are also located in other parts of the world, not just the U.S.  EA has servers in Europe for example.  If EA's servers were all U.S based, games like FIFA 13 would be pretty much unplayable in Europe.

As for the OP.  Can you do a ping test for us and share your results? http://www.pingtest.net/

Are you wired or wireless?  Are you using Virgin Media's Superhub?