My xbox keeps restarting itself!

So I have an xobx slim 4g with a separately bought 250g hard drive connected up to an Asus monitor with built in speakers through a bluerigger hdmi cable.  All of this set up is less than 3 months old.  I got the problem when I tried to download forza motorsport 3 and 2 demo.  I first tried to download the forza 3 but when I clicked download the xbox froze and reset itself.  After it had restarted it displayed a message "cannot download" so thats when I went for the forza 2 demo and the same thing occurred.  Now whenever I start the xbox and sign into live the system will restart after about 10 second no matter what i attempt to do in that time period.  The things I have troubleshot so far is that the xbox will work without the hard drive connected, or if i do not sign into xbox live with the hard drive in.  I have also cleared the system cache which did not fix the problem (which I did with the xobx not connected to live).  I have no idea what to do next and am worried I will have to send in my hard drive for a new blank one.  If anyone help me to find a solution to the problem I will very much appreciate it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

I amazingly fixed it.  Just as I thought demo I tried to download was corrupted.  What I did was remove my hard drive recover my gamertag onto the internal memory.  Then I looked on the internal memory data found the demo forza motorsport which immediately started downloading by itself which I stopped and deleted.  Then I put my hard drive back in and signed into live and had no restart problems.  I then for good measure went to memory found that in my demo's there was one file that said "corrupted" and another that said "Title something something" and deleted both.  Now my xbox works fine.  I dont know why the forza download I tried to get corrupted my hard drive, I should not have to worry about getting bad files from microsoft on their own network.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks for posting how you fixed it! the same thing just happened to me when i tried downloading resident evil 4

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, I have a question. When ever I log in to a account it does what you have stated and I have also had this problem since I have tried to download a game. I don't know how to remove my hard drive and I do not want to lose all my progress and level on my game. Does that happen when I take out the Hard Drive do I lose my level and progress in the game?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, MG Tyga! This thread is about 3 years old, and our software has changed a bit. If you could, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've already completed. This way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.