my xbox keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network

I have noticed that alot of people having the same problem as me, i can connect to the internet and xbox live but only for a few minutes, if im in a game lobby it seems to be fine. I have tried everything to my knowledge and i cant find the problem. Please if any one can help me it would be much appreciated. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

could be interference from another electrical device,i'd change frequency of your router,move router to another location,turn off all non essential devices,cordless phones have a habbit of causing problems,clear xbox cache as well

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Honestly, the reason this question comes up a lot is because people often write here on the forums when either their ISP or their physical wireless router setup is the problem. A good way to double check your internet connection is by making sure another device can connect to it close to your xbox setup with no problem. You also might want to try a corded connected if it keeps losing the signal. Often, the distance from xbox to router can cause problems, so try to keep them as close together as possible with nothing that might block the signal.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's definitely not a router or ISP problem. It's an Xbox Live problem. I can play in a multi player game without getting disconnected but as soon as I go to do something else I get disconnected.

Sorry this didn't help.

It isn't an Xbox Live problem, I can assure you. If it were, you would see a Service Alert on the Support page about this. The reason why you see "a lot of people have this problem" is because no one comes on here to post that they are working just fine! Who's your ISP and what router are you connecting to?

Sorry this didn't help.