My xbox has been banned, WHY?!

i went to turn on my xbox yesterday and it said my console has been banned. how? everything i buy is from gamestop and all i do is play online.  i want to know why i was banned as i know i havent violated the TOU or code of Counduct and i havent modified anything as theres no ned to. the only thing i put on my xbox was the microsoft wireless ada-pter but that just plugs in. so wthg is going on? why have i been banned? and why is microsoft not doing anything for all the unjust bans? just tell me why ive been banned

email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Gamertag: firehart123

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 57 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

as far as MS is concerned, the bans are just.

the forums cannot tell you why you have been banned.  the only ones who can (the xblpet) don't respond to questions about consolebans.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Doesnt ms lose money for every ban? there just losing people everytime this happens. and if they dont respond why are they even here?

Sorry this didn't help.

The  XBLPET repsond to questions about account bans (unless it's for marketplace theft) in either forum 14 or forum 15 (forum 15 is temporary).

The specific forum you are posting in (04 - using your console) cannot help you.

Sorry this didn't help.

As to MS losing money, think of it this way...

As far as MS is concerned, someone on that console did something so egregiously bad against the ToU and/or the CoC that they don't WANT that console on their service any more.  They feel that the only way that they would even consider you as a customer any more to get back on LIVE is to buy another console.  

In other words, they no longer trust that console and the people using that console on LIVE.  The only way to "buy back in" to LIVE is to buy another console.  If you do buy another console, they will then trust you again.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have never violated any TOU or COD or anything thats why i dont understand and you said forun 14 right?

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay firehart I literally just had the same thing happen to me yesterday and I did nothing whatsoever to violate terms of use or anything else and I basically got boned by Microsoft because I bough a refurbished xbox and the person before me hacked it or modded or something so now I have to pay the price for it. And as for your statement Talax I don't see how thats relevant if somebody else messes up the console then why does the person using it now have to suffer the consequences? Shouldnt xbox be smart enough to ban it and fix the problem when it first occurs? Obviously not since this is happening to more people. it's just another way for Microsoft to jew people out of money and personally I hope Microsoft reads this post and comes at me cause xbox is the biggest rip off in the world to be quite honest

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer. Although they might just delete your thread and post a link like below as they do not discuss console bans.

Console Ban

You might also want to check out this thread.  

Sorry this didn't help.

As to MS losing money, think of it this way...

As far as MS is concerned, someone on that console did something so egregiously bad against the ToU and/or the CoC that they don't WANT that console on their service any more.  They feel that the only way that they would even consider you as a customer any more to get back on LIVE is to buy another console.  

In other words, they no longer trust that console and the people using that console on LIVE.  The only way to "buy back in" to LIVE is to buy another console.  If you do buy another console, they will then trust you again..

Think of it this way,MS bans 1 million xboxs around the globe. Now it forces the community that was infected by the ban to buy a new one and wont disclose any information or even address the issue.MS bans 1 million xbox's, now Microsoft sells 1 million xbox's at $300+ a pop,  since players want to continue their gaming. Make $300 million dollars in one week? sounds like a huge intake of money at the communities expense. BBB and FTC needs to be contacted by everyone willing to help with legitimate claims.

Sorry this didn't help.

Dave, what doesn't add up for me is that if a individuals has the ability to alter the system to his favor and violate his/her terms. How is it ok for them go and buy a new one, when Microsoft knows they are able to take advantage of the system in the future? Looks like its a way to ensure constant income of money without even having to explain the actions.

Sorry this didn't help.

You're assuming that people would blindly buy another console after being banned despite being "innocent".

The thinking behind trusting you again after buying a new console is that the massive financial penalty you incurred will make you think twice before commiting another offence. Hardened modders will keep doing it unless you physically put a gun to their head but they miss out on XBL. Average users will be deterred however.

Sorry this didn't help.