My xbox has a mind of its own !

First my power surge started making a very weird noise, then my xbox started going through menus without any input from my controller. Does this mean that my console is hacked?  How do i fix this? I am very confused. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 116 Applies to:

Hi,

-

personally I doubt that your console is hacked.

Have you tried checking if all cables are connected correctly for the powersupply?

And the part of going through menus, have you tried if it happens when you connect a different controller?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

tybeastboy, as for your power supply, is it well ventilated and away from other electronics and wires? It may be an overheating or interference problem causing the noise. And your controller could simply be age. Unfortunately after lots use, the sticks lose their "dead zone", which is the neutral spot in the middle of the controller. This will cause menus and characters in game to still move when you let go of the stick. Trying a different controller will tell you if this is the case. Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there! sounds to me like you have a older model xbox. than the newly realeased slim. if that is the case then those models are said to have a louder sound coming from out the box. Dont worry your account isnt hacked or anything. and as for the "weird noise" its probably just the disk reader scratching the disk. it happens all the time for me, and last but certainly not least the controller problem how old is the controller sometimes controllers seem to just die on you if kept for a long period of time try switching your controller! if thats not it then you wanna go to the support tab and look up the scenario that best fits your problem. Best of luck to you! -ChOcO-

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you own a Universal Remote or an Xbox Remote?  Sometimes they can screw with the menus without any need to be connected to the system.  Do you think anyone was playing a prank on you with a remote?

Sorry this didn't help.

It can also be your mic if you use a wired one. I myself had a similar issue and I'm pretty sure that either my chat pad or my standard xbox mic was the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, After reading, you said your Power Supply is making weird sounds? please make sure your Power Brick is in a well ventilated area as the fan inside may have no air to push into the power brick. and if your console is the older style (Not the Xbox Slim) then they make louder noises. your account isn't hacked, as for the menu issues, im not sure. was a controller light illuminated? you could have hit a controller, turned it on and hit any of the sticks/bumpers/D-Pad.

Sorry this didn't help.