My Xbox cracked my disc

I was playing MW2 on my 360 elite yesterday and it was working fine. I started it today to hear a glorious cracking sound followed by a disc unreadable error. I eject the disc to find out that it is almost COMPLETELY cracked in half, the paper MW2 label the only thing holding it together. Before ANY OF YOU give me that "You moved your Xbox" crap, I can not possibly move my xbox. It sits on a ledge about 4 feet off the ground,in a vertical position, and I sit about 5 feet away from it. I use a wireless controller, I don't have any pets that can jump 4 feet, my Xbox can not have moved. It sits in a room where nobody goes. So please, cut the crap. Give me answer that isn't "You moved your Xbox", because that is an impossibility. I now need to go and buy a new MW2 disc because of a defective or otherwise broken console.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I feel sorry for you bro. Mabey ur X-box broke or somthin.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's possible your disc drive may have exacerbated cracks already present in the disc (which can be caused by roughly handling discs/removing them from those terrible new cases).

Sorry that it happened, but the best way to avoid the same thing happening again in the future is to be very careful when taking a disc from the case (I know my copy of MW2 came in those crappy cases) so you can help avoid those little cracks in the center of the disc.

I'd also recommend installing your games to your HDD so they aren't constantly spinning at high speed in the drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, at least it's only MW2. You should be able to replace it easily.

Sorry this didn't help.

One thing you should never do it move your Xbox while a disc is playing. It will cause a scratch called the "Perfect Ring/Circle" Which will destroy the disc and will never work.

Sorry this didn't help.

BlackSilverAce has got it spot on, it is likely that the game disk already had a small crack in the centre of the disk and the disk just couldn't handle the speed it spins at anymore. Just looking at my Halo: Reach disk it has signs of wear in the centre hole and I've had other disks with very small cracks starting to head towards the edge of the disk, my Need for Speed disk did the exact same thing a few years back and just cracked completely.

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Sorry this didn't help.