my xbox connects to the internet but wont access xbox live?

this has been going on for a week now my xbox is wireless and used to work for about a year not it stopped. i tried using a wired connection and it connects to the internet fine but just wont access xbox live. I have live in my account and doesnt expire for another 11 months, how should i fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey OP - can you review the Start Here sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) and post the information it requests in the bold section? That will help us help you. Thanks! :)

@dark3city - you too, except can you post that in a new thread that you create for your issue? Be sure to describe your issue in your post. Thanks! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

this happened to me and i tried all the suggestions help please

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Zoo, we definitely understand you have a connection issue as of today but we do need you to provide us with that information. It will help us determine what the issue is, without it we won't be able to provide you relevant steps that could help solve the issue you're experiencing. If you could create a post with the information requested we'll be able to work on it with you and get to the bottom of it. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I hate how people keep posting that sticky link.   Dont you think if we say we already went through the WHOLE xbox live tutorial, that the last thing we want to see is the sticky link?   I have never had a issue with connecting till TODAY, and as soon as I can connect and I load a game, it disconnects me.   Pretty sure its not my machine and its XBOXLIVE its self

Sorry this didn't help.

OKAY GUYS LISTEN UP! i have been having this problem today and i did everything that you guys have mentioned. it first started off as when i turn on my xbox it woould be signed into xbox live but then when i would boot up a game, it would sign me off of xbox live. then after 15 minutes i shut my xbox off and turned it back on and it would even sign into xbox live, then i came and seen this. i tried everything that was suggested and nothing worked. then lastly right before i shut my xbox off  " i said to myself.... if this doesnt work im creating a new account!" so what i did is download my profile, like recover your acoount... i did that, and nnow it works perfectly. for everyone that comes on this lookng for help this should solve your sittuation, as it did for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try unplugging your router and your modem for a full 5 minutes, make sure the xbox is off during this time. After 5 minutes is up plug in your modem, wait for it to boot up, then plug in your router. Once the router is booted up then turn on your xbox and try to connect again, if that doesn't work I'd recommend contacting the customer support line.

Sorry this didn't help.

this helped and worked for a good 2 months and just today it did the same..i tried unplugging everything and it didnt work :(

Sorry this didn't help.

my xbox did the same thing again and nothing in working help.

Sorry this didn't help.