My Xbox acts Wierd... Dont know what to do :(

When i a am going to play some games anything from Mass effect to Forza to Halo it acts as it should. After being to the main menu and loaded a save i experience some wired "spikes" coming from mayby a body like in Mass effect where it comes from some of their heads. Then after playing for some time the game freezes and i cant do a thing exept for turning the console off and it gives a wierd fast klick sound when it turns off.  

I have tried som tips on the support page but it dosent work, and i cant send in the console for reparation becurce the gurantie is out by one year. any suggestions?

Sorry for my bad english :D

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey JORKWALD123,

I believe those "spikes" you're referring to are either game freezes, lag, or even possibly render errors. I would recommend checking the disks to make sure no dust particles or scratches are present on the surface, making sure you have the latest patches for each game, and taking the time to clean the fans of the Xbox itself. Also you might want to try installing the games to your Hard-drive to make loading scenes flow correctly.

In regards to the "fast click" sound the Xbox generates, that is simply the Xbox shutting down and having your disk stop rotating within the disk tray. It occurs when you're playing a game and then decide to shut off your console suddenly. The disks needs to come to a stop so a sharp "click" can be noticed, but there is nothing to worry about there.

You also mentioned that the warranty has run out. I recommend either attempting to contact Xbox via the forums and asking if you could send in your console to be repaired for a small fee or performing a self repair.

WARNING: Performing a self repair will void your Xbox warranty.

I hope this helped, but if you require further assistance feel free to contact me. Have a great day.

-Admiral

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Your GPU is failing. Send the system in for repairs or prepare to buy a new one.

Sorry this didn't help.

In what way is it acting wierd? please give more details.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Calculator 69"]In what way is it acting wierd?[/quote]He's seeing spikes in Mass Effect. Those are geometry errors. They're caused by a failing GPU. I know exactly what he's talking about because I've seen the same issue on failing/faulty GPUs.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am using a VGA cable connected to my coputer screen. Does it make a difference if i use a VGA cable insted of using a HDMI cable or maybe scart cables?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, the display method does not matter. Geometry errors like you describe are an indication that the GPU is not processing data correctly. If it was stippled dots in the output, I'd say VRAM issue (that's my MW3 console's problem), but since you're seeing geometry issues past experience has shown me that's a failing GPU.

Sorry this didn't help.