My Xbox 360 Slim isn't connecting to a specific network.

Hello, I'm having a bit of an issue concerning my friend's CDG24G network which I believe is a common issue (I'm not for sure). Well, the problem is is that after I type in the correct WPA2 password the connection begins testing and abruptly stops with the error message:

"Incorrect Wireless Password

Either the password entered for this wireless network is incorrect, or you are not connecting to the intended network.

Select Configure Network, then, in the network list, press Y to disconnect and set up your network again."

However, I know the password is correct because when I deliberately type in the wrong WPA2 the console doesn't even allow me to try connecting to the network. I'm really unsure on what to do at this point, but I know that the network works because other devices are able to connect to it without incident.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone has a solution for this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

The only time the Xbox tells you the password is wrong when entering it is if it doesn't meet the length requirements (at least 8 characters for WPA2).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Please ensure your CDG24G is using the very latest firmware , also have a look at these tips:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../111-troubleshooting-and-improving-wireless

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.