My Xbox 360 Slim is suddenly not working.

Hello everyone,

I'm having this really weird problem with my xbox 360 slim, it is only about 2 months old.

Yesterday my xbox 360 slim was working fine. I just bought L.A. noire and was playing it yesterday and the day before yesterday. Right now i wanted to play some more L.A. noire, when i found out that my xbox isn't working anymore.

The problems i'm having:

• No video signal, the television just stays black with the notification: "No video signal"
  • Controllers not working, The lights on my wireless controller just keep flashing, even when pressing the sync buttons. I've tried connecting a wired controller too. The lights on the wired controller won't even turn on. The xbox "ring" doesn't light up either. However, i am able to turn on the xbox with both the wired and the wireless controller by holding the guide button...

If it helps, i have my xbox connected via the official xbox 360 VGA HD cable to the VGA port on my LCD tv.

I really hope that someone will be able to help me with this problem, i hope i don't have to send in my xbox 360 slim again.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

try starting the console with out the hard drive in also if possible try another lead.

and is the power brick light green, red, orange???

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Problem is solved, thanks for your answer

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been having this problem too. It goes away after a while and works fine for a few days before it happens again. I think it's an intermittent fault, but if I tried to RMA my 360 I'd probably get turned away because it would work by the time it reached MS. I've tried starting the 360 with and without the HDD, replacing the video cable (usually HDMI), using wired and wireless controllers, removing the disc... Never helps. I expect this problem will come back sometime if you managed to get it working again... I thought it might be overheating too, but now my 360 stands alone and is well ventilated. Still the same problem. Shame...

Sorry this didn't help.

I am currently having the exact same problem. Has anyone found a solution yet? My Xbox is not responding to anything, nor does replacing the cable, HD, or wirelessly/manual powering the system change anything.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there CatFishKiller82!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.