My Xbox 360 Slim Hard Drive Wont Appear

Ive been trying for a while to see if it was just not coonected well but its none of that. I have take n the hard drive out and placed it back in a couple of times and tryed it many times and when i turn it on it shows that i need to update. I have pressed both ok and b button but when i try to download or even create a profile it appears as if there is no hard drive. When i go to settings it shows me an option to format. This is the stock hard drive and my console was working perfectly yesterday playing on and off line. I dont know what to do so please help me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there, its not ideal but to perform the update without your hard drive you can insert a USB flash drive into the console and format it using the xbox, this will allow you to download and apply the update to your console. You will need a USB flash drive that is at least 1gb capacity. You could also use the flash drive as a temporary hard drive if needed.

In regards to the hard drive issues, it could be one of many things... corrupt, damaged etc... Does your console allow you to clear the system cache of your hard drive or is the only option you have to format?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hey mines doin he same thing and it wint let me clear anything

Sorry this didn't help.

i cant do anything before i gave it the update

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings sebas mortal!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way we can provide support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.