My Xbox 360 slim gets red light when starting (Sometimes)

Why the **** does my xbox starts normal sometimes and sometimes not? Sometimes when i start it it get's red light but then i only have to restart it to get it working :S my power brick is always green no matter if the xbox is red or green and yes i tried to insert my HDD correctly but that doesn't work either and my games always freezes about 10-15 minutes in game time. an dyes i have checked if the machien is hot and it isn't. please help me! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

A red light usually means there is a problem with the HDD, I would try removing the HDD and see if the Xbox works without any issues. If it in fact does, it could mean that the HDD is faulty and needs to be replaced. Also try disconnecting and reconnecting all the cables both on the console, power supply and wall. And make sure to keep the power supply open to breath properly.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

But when i took out the HDD to see if it worked without it, the xbox was still red... :/ what can it be? i checked all the cables and everything but it still is a red dot sometimes when i start it. But the power brick is still green so it can't be red dot of death right?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry you still having the red light problem, Since it's still red w/out the HDD, then I would suggest maybe changing a Power outlet (if on powersurge protector, take it off) Try different cables (like a HDMI cable) or another cable you have it connected to your TV.  Hope that helps, If all else fails you might need your Xbox serviced? :/

Sorry this didn't help.

just unplug and take out any cords plugged into the xbox. inspect the insides of each end of the power supply, too make sure nothing is broken. then replug everything in and try it. if it doesnt work reply here.

Sorry this didn't help.

A red light in the center means either a HDD problem, or a Hardware problem. Since you already checked your HDD, it may be something wrong with your hardware. I would go and get it checked out by sending it to Microsoft.

Good Luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the answers, yesterday night i contacted Microsoft and requested a repair so they will be here picking up my Xbox soon. I tried everyones replies but nothing worked and i think the graphic card is messed up because the last time i started it before i called Microsoft the screen was very messed up and it frooze after 5 seconds so yeah.... but well alteast i got a repair for free! XD

Sorry this didn't help.

My less than 5 week old Xbox died last night with the red ring of death, after playing a little while,

then returning and restarting an hour later.

Fortunately, Best Buy will take it back for exchange, they  are a stellar company, with great customer service!

Sorry this didn't help.