My Xbox 360 slim freezes on the dashboard

I got the Xbox new during the holiday season so it is pretty new. It froze up 3 times in the last half hour. Why is this happening? I see in this forum that a lot of people are having this problem with their slims too.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I just googled this issue and found posts in other sites like gamefaqs.  Tons of other people with fairly new slims are also having this problem, all starting this month. You guys did something that is crashing everyone.  I'm sure you can easily reproduce it.  Theory is you have too many videos on the dash and it's crashing the 360 since it only has 512mb ram.  Please fix the dashboard.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey typical guy. I'm just curious, when does it seem to freeze? Is it just at random times, or when your doing something specific? Also, is your xbox in a well ventilated area? One thing to try is removing your hard drive and reinserting it. You can go here to see how to do that. Also, if you haven't tried this, this page will walk you through steps about freezing and try and help resolve the issue. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.