My XBOX 360 S 250gb doesn't turn on! Please, help!

Hi,

So, I've got an XBOX 360 S 250gb console, and yesterday that I tried to turn it on, it didn't turn on. Usually, when you press the capactive button to turn it on, it beeps and turns on a green light. I mean, that's how it's supposed to be. But yesterday that I pressed the button to turn it on, it didn't do anything. No beep, no light, nothing. I also tried to turn it on with the controller, but nothing. By the way, the light in my power brick is orange (stand by mode), but it never turns green.

An interesting thing I noticed is that, when you disconnect the XBOX from the power outlet (but you leave the power cord connected to the XBOX), the power brick's orange light immediately turns off. As if the console still "sucked" the last "drop" of energy left in the power brick. I'm no expert, but I would asume that, if my XBOX were completely "dead", it would do no such thing. I mean, it wouldn't keep on "sucking" power from the power outlet and, therefore, the light would stay on (at least for a while), since the energy in the power brick has nowhere to go.

I know it could be the power brick (I really hope it is), but I don't have an extra one to prove that. So, apart from that, could you please tell me other possible causes for this problem? And possible solutions?

Please, please, answer because I'm really worried. I'd really appreciate anyone who has something to say about this.

Thank you in advance!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi Ice,

Sorry to hear about the power problems. Let's see if we can get this working. 

I would suggest trying the power supply in a different outlet. Also, if it is in a power strip, try not using a power strip. 

Do you have a friends power supply you can try?

Let us know, and we can work from there.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.