my xbox 360 has stopped working all of a sudden

hey, i would just like to know why my Xbox 360 all of a sudden stopped. this Xbox has been kept in our cabinet all the time, so could't be water damage/hard drive failure. not much has been happening to it leading up to  the event. so, when i turned it on this morning, the green light in the middle turned on for a second then turned off and did nothing. my friend's DVD is stuck in there, and he want's it back. do you know what might have happend? feel free to ask questions about it, just don't know what type it is. FYI (for your information) it is a thick black Xbox.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

From what it sounds like it may be a power supply issue. Try using a different power adapter 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Does your power supply have a fuse on the plug?

Few years ago mine did same thing and was the fuse on the plug.

GT

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[...] my friend's DVD is stuck in there, and he want's it back. do you know what might have happend? [...]

You can follow the step in this page to manual open the tray and recover the disc: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/manually-eject-disc

..:: Believe ::..

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since you say you have a "thick black Xbox", the instructions from napalm 31337's link won't help, as they are only for the S and E model of the Xbox 360, not your "thick" Xbox 360. 

In order to get a disc out of the original Xbox 360, you need to remove the faceplate. Instructions for the faceplate are here: https://support-origin.xbox.com/xbox-360/accessories/faceplate

The instructions on manually ejecting a disc from an original Xbox 360 console are here: https://support-origin.xbox.com/xbox-360/console/manually-eject-disc (you need to scroll to the very bottom of the page).

As for your power issue:

Please check the LED on the power supply brick. If the console is off, you should see an orange/amber light. With the console turned on, you should see a green light. 

If anything is broken, it should show a red light. 

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since you say you have a "thick black Xbox", the instructions from napalm 31337's link won't help, as they are only for the S and E model of the Xbox 360, not your "thick" Xbox 360. 

In order to get a disc out of the original Xbox 360, you need to remove the faceplate. Instructions for the faceplate are here: https://support-origin.xbox.com/xbox-360/accessories/faceplate

The instructions on manually ejecting a disc from an original Xbox 360 console are here: https://support-origin.xbox.com/xbox-360/console/manually-eject-disc (you need to scroll to the very bottom of the page).

As for your power issue:

Please check the LED on the power supply brick. If the console is off, you should see an orange/amber light. With the console turned on, you should see a green light. 

ok. i'll try that when i come back home.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As for your power issue:

here, i've taken a picture of it. looks like orange, but since i've never done this, i don't know exactly what it should look like!

here:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i don't know if it does. even if i did know, where would i get a replacement?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The orange light looks good, if the console was powered off at the time you took the picture.
Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i don't know if it does. even if i did know, where would i get a replacement?

Unless you live in the United Kingdom, you probably don't have a fuse in the plug. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

nah i live in australia

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2023 Views 1,144 Applies to: