MY XBOX 360 GETS/HOT/VERY HOT!

Hi I have my Xbox a year now but I only played about a month or two of the Xbox any time I play halo 4 My Xbox gets hot then after 5-10 mins later its super hot I'm a very big gamer I play Xbox all day and Mabey night lol Avarge about 10-12 hours Mabey less I don't want my Xbox to break can some tell me what's wrong is this normal is my Xbox breaking or is it a fault pluse my halo 4 scratched so I can't install I install the games that I most play online and campaign please help thank you it would mean alot.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Does the console have enough room to breathe?  The vents should be clear with nothing close by.  Also, if the scratch is a circle scratch then that means the console has been moved while it was on with the disc inside.  If your console is standing on end I would recommend laying it flat.

If you have a friend who has the game, borrow the disc and install it that way.  You should be able to fully access the game with your own disc after that.

Yes my Xbox is flat and is my xbox gonna break and thank you for helping me out I voted your video

Have you blown the dust out of the vents?

Does it have enough ventilation area around it? Like for example if it is in a DVD cabinet I suggest moving it out to an open area like the top of the cabinet or on a separate table. Be sure to remove any dust and clutter and Clean the dust off of the vents and keep it flat. Do not put things on top of it as blocking the vents will block air flow. This is optional but go and borrow a copy of halo 4 or rent it from a video store and install the game to your console. Playing games from the hard drive will double the lifespan of the DVD drive and put less strain on your Xbox.

sounds like dust is building up on the heat sink and its unable to bleed off the heat into the air. may want to give them a call

an clean dust off the vents wont do you any good . but do keep it flat if you stand it up your moving the air intake to the top ware the hot air goes and that fan has NO real power to get cool air over the heat sink

next your xbox is going to start freezing. iv already been there

Ok let me rephrase. Look inside the vents and see if there is any buildup. If so remove power. Get a can of air and blow it out.

-

Does the fan sound like its making more noise than usual. That is a sign of build up on it. I blow mine out about every 3 months.

Don't use a can of air to blow out the vents.  Not only does it blow all the dust back further into the console but you run the risk of liquid from the can blowing in there as well.

Yeah no. It works fine. Been using canned air on electronics for as long as I can remember. And I've been an electronic tech since 1984. It's fine.

or if you have a compressor blow it out with that too. I use both.

[quote user="DES5IE"]any time I play halo 4 My Xbox gets hot then after 5-10 mins later its super hot[/quote]Define "hot" in a more thorough fashion.

The last time I put a temperature sensor on the exhaust grill of a 360 S, the exhaust was around 115-120F, up from the 90-95F of an original Jasper 360.

The exhaust should be hot. It's exhausting hot air out of the console.

If you're playing games from the disc, don't. Install them. If you can't, either buy a new copy or buy a Games on Demand copy.[quote]I'm a very big gamer I play Xbox all day and Mabey night lol Avarge about 10-12 hours Mabey less[/quote]10 to 12 hours a day, every day? That's... not healthy.