My Xbox 360 Experience

Firstly, I don't consider myself a fanboy of any particular console. I loved the N64, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, and even the original XBOX.  I simply buy the console with the best games. So when Halo 4 came out, I decided to break down and buy an XBOX 360 for the first time. I remember the red ring issues and the other problems from years past, but I assumed by now Microsoft had smoothed things out. I was wrong.

First thing I do with my new XBOX is put in the Halo 4 game. I install it, it boots, I try the campaign, I get booted back to the start screen. I figure it's just one time error. I try to start a campaign again, going from a different menu this time. I get booted back to start screen. I uninstall.

I look on forums, try numerous different install methods, and 4 hours later still no campaign. Maybe it's the disk. I send away my Halo 4 to get a new one.

Forward 2 weeks. Still haven't received new Halo 4, but I get Red Dead Redemption. I turn on my XBOX to play RDR. Nope. RRoD. I have just a few things to say at this point...

#%$& MICROSOFT!!! $%#& the XBOX 360!!! WORST GAME SYSTEM EVER!!! RETURNING AND NEVER LOOKING BACK!!! GOODBYE!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Um, goodbye then.

-

It's called try calling Xbox Support to repair the console.

[quote user="Brigs1940"] I decided to break down and buy an XBOX 360 for the first time. I remember the red ring issues and the other problems from years past, but I assumed by now Microsoft had smoothed things out. I was wrong.[/quote]

[quote user="Brigs1940"] I turn on my XBOX to play RDR. Nope. RRoD. [/quote]

I take it from this that you bought an old style second hand console,as the xbox slims don`t have the red ring of death.

It happens. While this thread will probably get flamed heavily, I get the idea of being an angry customer. Defects are not nearly as common with the slim model but it does happen just like every other piece of electronics. You have two options really. Either call support to have it repaired or exchange it at the store if you are still within the time frame.

You sure you had the right disc in , i heard halo 4 has 2 disc could be wrong. But i doubt there's anything wrong with your xbox. Btw

There is still a red light of death though. RRoD just seems to be the popular term for a 360 hardware failure.

I highly doubt he brought a new xbox a slim at that. Probably the fat white ones from Gamestop.

I believe those only have a 7 day return policy or 30 day exchange policy.

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]

There is still a red light of death though. RRoD just seems to be the popular term for a 360 hardware failure.

[/quote]

Its a red dot now.

[quote user="Murderstyle75"]I get the idea of being an angry customer[/quote]Do you also understand the concept of a troll?

If one buys something new and it doesn't work, one returns it immediately to the retailer for an exchange. One does not send anything in for warranty repair or disc replacement.

This thread is a troll.

Perhaps. Although he does have both games he is claiming in his recent played in the order he played them with nothing else. Maybe he is a troll or maybe he bought online. I know there are a good many irate people on the Astro Gaming forums crying over that power drop bug demanding returns instead of searching Google to find the very simple fix of swapping the weak USB cable that was included which runs power to the Mixamp.. I don't know why these people order online, waiting for a claim response instead of going to Gamestop or Best Buy but many of them do.