my xbox 360 controller woes

I originally bought my xbox 360 to use the exercise software with my Kinect sensor... and yes.. I love the Kinect sensor.   I also bought brunswick pro bowling to use with the Kinect.  I have had my xbox for about 9 months and recently decided to try some controller games.  The first one I purchased was Bejeweled.  The game runs fine but I seem to have a problem with the controller.  I cannot seem to get the cursor to move in the proper direction.  I push the left post right to move to the right and maybe it will but most often it will move up or down instead of moving in the direction I am trying to get to.  I am new to console games and controllers.  Is it possible I am doing something wrong.  Is there an adjustment I can make to my controller so it is not so sensitive.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

There isn't a sensitivity control, but the analog sticks are fairly sensitive and take some getting used to! Another thing to check, make sure that the sticks are in the neutral position when the controller is turned on. Let me know if that helps. :)

Welcome to the Xbox 360 world by the way! It's a great first console, and you certainly came to the right place for help. Cheers! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for answering my question.  I guess I will just have to try to learn to use a light finger on the left post.  I am playing Test Drive Unlimited and right now finding it extremely difficult to keep my car on the road.   ha ha.  I am doing better with mass effect 2, which seems to be a bit less sensitive than Test Drive Unlimited.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi OP, check in the control options in game as many titles have a sensitivity control you can slide up or down.
Its certainly worth checking to see if this game has one.

Sorry this didn't help.