My XBL connection will not stay active

As of just a few days ago I began experiencing issues with my connection to Xbox Live. I am able to occasionally connect via the "Test your Connection" method, but as soon as I select my profile to sign in, it disconnects me from Live.

My NAT is set to Open. I have forwarded all of the XBL ports to my Xbox's static IP address.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?   - Florida
Modem brand & model number:   - NetGear CGD24G
Router brand & model number:    - See above
Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired   - My Xbox is wired.
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? 
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown   - Yes
Is NAT Type Open?    - Yes
Any Error Codes you encounter:    - None. It did give me an error about not receiving data but I have since forwarded all ports
What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?    - 10MBps Cable (Bright House)
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?    - Bright House (RoadRunner Cable)
When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen?     - Sometimes it works, and then sometimes it says it can't establish connection to the XBL servers.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Just to update this. I went into the "Test your Connection" section and had to run it about 5 or 6 times to get a fail, but the error is that "your router or gateway isn't properly responding to ICMP responses."

As I understand it, the tech support at Bright House gave us a firmware update of some sort around the time this issue started. Is there anything I can do in my settings to get things to work properly? Dealing with my ISP's tech support is too often an exercise in futility.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.