My updates will not install!

hey people.

im just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with installing games, i have been waiting for at least 8 hours for my game to download and nothing yet. its been stuck on 0% and will not move, i have installed the game offline but as soon as i come back online it asks me to download an update and the cycle starts all over again

i have also turned my xbox one off how they tell you too by holding the button down for 8-10 seconds, but nothing is working, not even the community embassadors know whats going one,

so i am just wondering if anybody knows whats wrong an if i haven't wasted £430 to sit around screaming at my tv

much appreciated in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Narko, Turn your Xbox One on and make sure there is no applications started. Click on the menu button on your controller and then click on QUIT. If the option is not there then nothing is running and we are good to proceed. Go to My games & apps, find the game in question, highlight it and click on the menu button on your controller again. Now select update or retry update. If nothing happens, try again. I've had a few people with this problem and they have reported back to me that after several attempts at retrying the update it has started working. Get back to me if this works for you. Good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i thought it did work, but again its gone into not working, i got it to do all this before and it got stuck on 96% and wouldnt move, it seems to have done the exact same think. i dont want to cancel the installation either because ill have to reinstall the whole game again, any thoughts?

Sorry this didn't help.

So it's stuck at 96% now? How long has it been stuck there for? Also what game are we talking about?

Sorry this didn't help.

COD:  ghost , it has been stuck on 96% for about an hour, it keeps changing from installing to queuing, even thought there is nothing else downloading, i have also downloaded the game but because the update is not on, i can not get on the game to p[lay, so ive been sat here for 13 hours all together now trying to sort things out with it, only to have the download not work either time

Sorry this didn't help.

So the game is installed but won't let you play until the update is installed? If that's the case the 96% of the update that has already been downloaded should remain even if you retry the update. Please continue to retry the update and see if you can get it past the 96%

Sorry this didn't help.

but the only time i can retry the update is if i cancel the installation, which then means that i have to instal the whole game again. i even tried downloading a different game which was ~FIFA from the xbox store... all that it did was stay on 0% like COD did, but i cant instal it offline because it needs to be online to get onto the store

Sorry this didn't help.

Your game is already installed so that will remain. You will not lose anything by retrying the update. Chances are the update will restart from 96%. If you are also having the same problem with Fifa 14 then can I ask what internet connection you have. Also are you using a wired connection or wifi?

Sorry this didn't help.

im using a BT homehub2 connection. and i thought that aswell but every time i go back to installing the update it starts again from 0% and doesnt move, i really dont know what else to try, do you think the xbox if faulty? or do you think it will be a problem with my connection to xbox live

Sorry this didn't help.

If the game has installed correctly but you are struggling with the updates then fingers would point at your home network. How is your Xbox One connected to your home network, Wired or Wireless?

Sorry this didn't help.

wireless, but i also have tried it on a wired connection. there is abit of bad weather over where i live so finger crossed it is my connection and it will sort itself out sooner rather than later

Sorry this didn't help.