My Tenure

I tried all the steps that are in this forum and my tenure is not fixed.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hi,

Your tenure is calculated by the amount of time you've had a gold membership. Prior to this, it was calculated simply by how long you've had the account from start to end. This has changed now, and if you notice a change in your tenure it's more than likely because you've only had a gold membership for that amount of time.

For Example:  You could have started a Xbox LIVE account back in 2006 and up until the recent changes to how tenure is calculated you would have had a tenure of 7 years. However, since it's now changed, let's say you only had a paid Xbox LIVE Gold membership for 3 of those years and the rest of the time your account stayed dormant or inactive without a paid membership. Your new tenure would only display the time you paid for your Gold membership, and that would be 3.

Tenure is calculated by full years, not months. So if you use the example I gave, and you're on your 3rd year and have added a 12 Month Gold subscription to your account, when a full 12 months of Gold time passes by you get another year added to your tenure. So the example number would go from 3 to 4.

You should be able to see how many years you've had an active gold membership by going through your subscription history found here. If you're having trouble doing that, I'm sure a forum support agent can take a look for you when they see the post. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.