My tenure went from 8 to 6 years !! AHHH

2/5/2013  I just noticed this today...I dont know when it occured but its driving me insane !!   I know its not a big deal....To me it is though

I have been on XBOX since The day it was Released ...I am 28 now.

IS there an update or something I can do to fix this ?

Im freaking out !  I have been on xbox live forever.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, first of all, calm down. Second, if you've done the previous troubleshooting steps, deleting your profile, clearing your system cache, etc., then you've done pretty much everything you can do. Now it's just waiting for the techs to look into it more and hopefully correct it for those of us still showing incorrect tenures.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Tenure is based on the total years of Xbox LIVE Gold time completed. The clock stops when you go Silver/Free and Xbox LIVE Silver time does not add (or subtract) tenure. Tenure increases only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time ends. For your first year of Xbox LIVE Gold you see '0'; it ticks over to '1'  year of tenure when that year completes. If you've had Xbox LIVE Gold for 3 years and 6 months, you'll see a tenure of '3' next to your Gamertag.

http://commerce.microsoft.com lets you review, year by year, when you've been Gold and when you've been Free (Silver).

For example:

Jan 1 2010 - Dec 31 2010 = 0 years

Jan 1 2010 - Jan 1 2011 = 1 year

HaloSpectrum, could you review what you see on this account over at http://commerce.microsoft.com and tally the years and months of GOLD, round down, and then report back? Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

I am not getting enough Info on there to tell you. I can say I have been paying for GOLD since 2004.

I once diddnt have it for a month thats it...

I followed the other steps. Looks like its just a wait ?

Seems like some people know about this and other's are telling me Im crazy.  I diddnt get the 10 year helmet for 6 years lol..

Thanks for the help. Hopefully more is found out soon  

Sorry this didn't help.

Yup its still broke for me as well and I went to the site to make sure Ive had it since 2002 .  Yet it still says 7 years

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey HaloSpectrum! We'll add your gamertag to the list of users we're investigating. Hang in there!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also having problems with my tenure, it should say 6 (going on 7) and my one year just expired on 2/6/2013 . I redeemed a 3 month of Xbox live and after doing so it went back to 5. I have no years accumulated of silver, as every year in my account history I have had gold. Furthermore I have tried every instruction, clear cache, delete profile, turn off Xbox for 30 mins etc. so far nothing has worked, therefore I would like to be added to this list of tenure glitch that is occurring in the system.

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

MIss Kleo, would you kindly add my Gamertag to the list? I've called customer support, I've deleted and downloaded my account, I've cleared the cache and followed all other instructions including making another thread for issues after the specified date. I have been a member of Xbox LIVE since 2009 and my tenure should be 3 but it has been changed to 2 and I know this is incorrect. Yes, there was a period of less than a one month where I was in Silver membership status but even with this time accounted for, my tenure should be 3 years. It actually should be 4 sometime soon this year because it has been 3 for almost a year now up until it changed on Feb 2. I know its not game breaking but it's still wrong and does not represent my time as an Xbox LIVE member correctly. Has anyone figured out the cause for this issue yet?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there guys! I have checked into both your accounts and they both appear to be calculated properly based on what you've said you're seeing (Skyler: 5, Talon: 2). As mentioned in the Tenure Sticky, the way Tenure is calculated currently, only paid Gold time is calculated. Free trials and unpaid time is no longer calculated here. I'm sorry for any confusion caused here.

Sorry this didn't help.

I too have checked my account and I definitely have accrued more than 6 years not 5. As I stated above, I am aware this does not include trials, silver etc. I have not missed any years of Xbox live gold. Furthermore 2006-2013 is 7 years last time I checked my math therefore how would 5 be justified as 'correct'. Simply put, three days ago and for the past couple of months my account said 6, now you say that 5 is correct. What ?! How about you guys fix it instead of assuming everything is as it should be.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again Skyler! I concur with your math on the difference in years there, but as you pointed out there was some Free time in there as well, so you are not looking at Gold straight through. As before I am sorry that your Tenure has changed after implementing our new calculation method, but this is the proper number showing now. We will not be able to provide any further assistance here. Thank you for your posts.

Sorry this didn't help.