My tenure got reset.

I've been a member for 8 years and now my tenure says 0. Help?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 49 Applies to:

Hello there!

There is a new update regarding tenure - here is a quote explaining the new update:

"Tenure is based on the cumulative amount of Xbox LIVE Gold time a user has. While you do not lose tenure when you go Silver, Xbox LIVE Silver time does not accrue tenure. You will see your tenure increase only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time has finished.

For your first year of Xbox LIVE Gold you will see a '0' and increase to '1' year of tenure when that year is up! For example, if you've had Xbox LIVE Gold for 3 years and 6 months, you'll see a tenure of '3' next to your Gamertag."

However, there is an issue (of which is on-going) that is being looked in to currently. If you have a look at Miss Kleo's Updates on the Xbox LIVE Tenure Issue - any new updates about progress of the issue will be posted there! Also, Official support may post here and tell you whether your tenure is correct or if you are facing this issue.

Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I want my 8 years back. PERIOD! I've been loyal to you guys, keep looking into this issue, sure I'm not the only one.

Sorry this didn't help.

You are not, try deleteing your profile (WARNING!!! do not delete items, just the profile. )-clear system cache (go to settings,system,storage, highlight the MU that had your profile on it and press y, choose clear system cache.)

and redownloading it.  To correct any misunderstandings-even if it says 0 years on your console Xbox's records of you will keep the tenure consistant. So on the bright side, you lost nothing. That is why they are able to tell you if your tenure is correct or not.

If you are justing wanting to be able to look at it on your console then try the above step to see if that fixes the hiccup on your console.

I hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

I already tried deleting my profile and redownloading it a few minutes after i realized my 8 years was gone. My brothers xbox shows my 8 years missing on my gamertag and i've talked to my friends in party chat and they say they can't see my tenure either. 8 years times 60 dollars is alot of money I've paid over the years and I want to be recognized for it again. Just last week everything was fine and I had 8 years on my tenure but now its gone! FIX IT ASAP! I WANT MY 8 YEARS BACK NOW!

Sorry this didn't help.

*fyi* in the dashboard my tenure says 0 years too. when it should say 8.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Joker! We have been seeing some funky Tenures around.  First thing I would suggest is trying the steps in the sticky here: forums.xbox.com/.../441105.aspx Do you remember what day you saw it changed, or when you noticed the change?  Also, do those steps clear it up for you?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got my tenure back!, its an 8 once again. =).  Im not sure exactly how I fixed it but I did clear the system cache and redownload my profile yesterday but noticed no immediate changes until this morning I noticed it was back to 8. W00T w00t. Thanks for your support everybody ;]

Sorry this didn't help.

You're more than welcome! I am glad your issue has been resolved! Lets hope others facing this issue have had it fixed as well! :)

Sorry this didn't help.