My sons account

Since the beginning of October my son has not been able to use his account. His account was fine before that, he did lose gold for a day or two before that and we renewed his gold and have not been able to use it since. I have spoke to customer service three times and have not been able to resolve this issue. I have tried the automated system, but we do not have enough info to get control back of the account. The account was made when he was 4 he is nine now. His older sister made the email and password and it was a one shot deal just to get my son his own account.Needless to say the email was never used and Yahoo recycled the account and issued it to someone else.I am really frustrated someone please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Good luck!!!  I'm going through pretty much the same exact thing you are, and got nothing but run around.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you've done the automated form your next step is to contact phone or chat support and have them escalate a case.  You'll need to Account Reset Request number from the refusal e-mail.

Sorry this didn't help.

fredgiblet,

11/4 Spent so much time on phone with "support" rep my fully charged cordless phone went dead. At the time I thought my account was compromised because a different gamertag appeared on the account after I reset password.  It turns out I used a different e-mail as the primary when I set the account up.  I don't know the password to it or if it even still exists. Did the automated form like the rep. told me 3 times.  First two times I get a reply saying I didn't provide enough information within 5-10 minutes.  Did a third form, no reply.

11/5 Tried chat since all I thought I had to do is get the password rest and spent almost an hour with no resolution,  Provided closed case number like the guy on the phone said and it was invalid.  Do another form is what I'm told.  I said it hasn't been 24 hrs, maybe I should wait.  Was told to do the form anyway.

11/6  Get an e-mail from Microsoft saying the account was locked because of to many attempts to recover it.  I would need to create a new account.  Called "support" again to ask about my recurring Gold membership, she took the gamertag, and then I got disconnected.  tried another  call but got message saying I attempted to call to many times.  Tried chat, time out, try it again, time out, try it again, error message, try it again, time out.

11/7  I'm still trying to get answers about my Gold membership.  I have absolutely no problem what so ever creating a new account.  I just want to know that I'll be able use the service I'm paying for.  That's all, nothing else.  But you'd think I was asking for the Earth, Sun, Moon and stars as far as Microsoft is concerned.  I'm beginning to think the only resolution to this is to dispute the charge when it shows up on my statement.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's unusual.  They will need to do an escalation, once you've done the automated form that's the ONLY next step.

Sorry this didn't help.

So what about my Gold membership?  Do they automatically cancel them once the account is locked?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, the subscription is still running.  Remembering the information is your responsibility, so they aren't going to stop the clock when you forget.  That being said MS may see fit to toss you a month or something if it takes a long time to fix it.  When you call again you may want to mention how your case appears to have been mishandled earlier, that may work in your favor.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Club!

By cancelled do you mean cancelled entirely on a locked account? If an account is locked normally the current Gold membership will continue to run. Once the account is unlocked you can speak to the team about the status of the Membership and if they can do anything for you. ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.

Unlocking the account is the problem.  I'm actually on chat again now.

Sorry this didn't help.

fredgiblet,

I get what you're saying.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Three hours on chat and my case has now been escalated to the account management team.  In 3-5 days everything will be fixed and all will be happy in the forest again.  I don't know if it's appropriate to say the chat reps names on forums, so I won't, but I wish it was possible to request the same rep every time.  But, the moral of the story is, keep ALL of your accounts up to date.

Sorry this didn't help.