My slim is freezing,wont work

Hi,when i start my slim its ok but the second it gets to the dashborad and it says i signed in,it freezes,ive gotten to the menu of a game once and it froze(it didnt say it was overheating)Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I have a few questions, and will provide a solution that may be an immediate, short term fix for the problem.

What size is your hard drive (4 GIG or 250 GIG) and how much space is left on it?

Have you downloaded anything recently, marketplace content or update?

If so, did you experience any issues with the download, or usage of the content?

Do you have any external memory units connected to the console, or any non-Microsoft peripheral devices connected to the console?

Does this issue only transpire when you are connected to Xbox live, and began after the Spring update?

Quick Fix Solution:

Without singing into an account, go to the system settings menu: this can be access quickly by clicking the guide button in the center of the controller, navigating to the settings blade, and selecting system settings.  Once on the system settings menu, navigate to memory and press A.  You will need to highlight your memory unit or hard drive, if it is not already highlighter, and press Y.  You will select "clear system cache".  The operation should be fairly quick.  Once complete, you will restart the console and attempt to log in again.  I will monitor this thread for a response.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.