My Situation.

Here's my situation. A few years ago, I created an account under the gamertag "Chef Gamboa" . After playing on that account for a long while, I created "Mr Clank" . I then used that account for a little while. However, I wasn't happy starting over with my gamer score so I switched back. I then changed the gamertag from "Chef Gamboa" to "XChEcKeReD KiDX" . From then on, I played on that account. During that time I had downloaded a great amount of DLCs and arcade games. However, one day I got this message saying my payment method for my membership was invalid (I had it set to auto-renew on my mother's credit card). I tried different methods of payment, but nothing was working. Seeing as I still had "Mr Clank" on my Xbox, I simply switched over to that one again and used it up until now. For Christmas, I bought a new Xbox and transferred over everything via flash drive. I recovered my "Mr Clank" account as it was the main one I was using. Everything was fine up until I tried to play a DLC that I had downloaded on "XChEcKeReD KiDX" . When I tried signing into the account, it prompted me to recover it using my email and password associated to the account. (This is what my problem is) I CANNOT remember ANY information that was on that account. I had forgotten to check the email address while it was still on my old xbox and write it down. In fact, I hadn't thought about doing that until this problem occurred, which obviously is a little to late. I then proceeded to contact support and ask for their help. They basically couldn't do anything because they had no way of accessing the account with the little information I provided. All I could get was my mother's old credit card number, hoping it would be enough. I was fine up until he asked "What is your favorite fictional character?". Now mind you I had created this account years back when I was younger. That was it for me, there was nothing else I could do. But then I had the idea of transferring "XChEcKeReD KiDX" back onto my old Xbox to see what would happen. Unfortunately, I had given it to a less fortunate child who had a terrible Christmas. The poor Xbox was destined for the trash, but I figured the kid would be happy even if the Xbox was a little beaten up. Anyway, the point is: I can't recover "XChEcKeReD KiDX" which means I've lost out on hundreds of dollars of DLCs and games. I'm desperate to get it back because I hate losing money. If it wasn't for the DLCs, I wouldn't care. Someone help me?

Here's a list of the DLCs and prices that I CAN remember:

Oblivion - Knights of the Nine 400

Oblivion - Spell Tomes 80

Oblivion - The Wizard's Tower 150

Oblivion - The Fighter's Stronghold 150

Oblivion - The Orrery 150

Oblivion - The Vile Lair 150

Oblivion - The Thieve's Den 150

Oblivion - Mehrunes' Razor 250

Oblivion - Horse Armor Pack 200

Fallout 3 - Broken Steel 800

Fallout 3 - Point Lookout 800

Fallout 3 - Mothership Zeta 800

Fallout 3 - Operation: Anchorage 800

Fallout 3 - The Pitt 800

Assassin's Creed 2 - Sequence 12: Battle of Forli 320

Banjo and Kazooie: N n B - L.O.G.'s Lost Challenges 400

Borderlands - Zombie Island 800

Borderlands - The Underdome 800

A Kingdom for Keflings 800

Halo 3 - Mythic Map Pack 400

Halo 3 - Legendary Map Pack 160

Halo 3 - Mythic 2 Map Pack 800

(Not sure if prices have changed since I purchased them, but those are the ones I know for a fact I had. And there's more that I can't remember.)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

The ONLY way you can use the DLC from the account you cannot remember the information on if to recover the account itself. But considering you do not remember the information, this will be hard. I recommend trying all of the emails you have used in the past as well as the passwords you have used in the past; you might get lucky. The only other option I can suggest is to talk to Official Xbox Support, and give as much detail as possible when describing your account so the Support Rep may be able to verify you are the real owner of the account.

-

To contact Official Xbox Support, go here and start a chat with the Official Xbox Support option. When in the chat, give as much detail as possible; I recommend mentioning which DLCs you have purchased, and ask if you can verify that you are the owner by showing the credit card info you used to purchase the DLC. This should help a lot because it would show you bought the DLC and are in fact the owner. 

-

I'm sorry we couldn't help you here, but good luck on getting this problem solved.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Appreciate the answers, but I've done all that 3 times each now. Does this basically mean there's nothing I can do?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately to access the DLC purchased by the previous gamertag that you have no information on you will need to recover it and perform a License Transfer. After performing a License Transfer you redownload all of the content, that moves the console licenses over so that Mr Clank can use those games and add ons.

Support cannot provide the WLID unless you can give all account information. My best idea would be to try signing into xbox.com with all the different emails you've had. From there it'll tell you 1 of 2 things.

Microsoft Account is invalid - meaning it's not tied to a gamertag

Password & MSA are invalid - meaning your on the right path, you just have the password wrong.

Or you can sign in in which case you'll see the gamertag in the upper corner and be able to cross that off the list.

Sorry that's probably not the answer you are looking for but it's your best option.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.