My "Personal Picture" doesn't change when I change my Gamerpic - help?

Hello,

On my Xbox 360 console whenever I go to change my Gamerpic, usually after I've downloaded some new ones, I always have to do it twice since my "personal picture" always has to be set separately in order for my friends to see the new pic. Why is this? I have noticed that on other accounts, changing the Gamerpic section automatically makes your personal picture change to match it. Why does mine not change automatically as well?

Sure, it's not the end of the world, but when you've got eight years worth of downloaded gamerpics in a not-at-all organized Xbox gamerpic manager... scrolling through looking for the one you want to change it to can take a while, so doing it twice is just irritating when for some it automatically changes the personal picture to match.

Thanks for any suggestions on how I can set my personal picture to just automatically change when I change my gamerpic.

Cheers 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

hello there

doesnt your personal picture and gamerpic pretty much the same thing? so when changing it shouldnt it also change too?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="thiennguyen8199"]

hello there

doesnt your personal picture and gamerpic pretty much the same thing? so when changing it shouldnt it also change too?

[/quote]

That's what I'm trying to figure out, why my personal picture doesn't change when I change my gamer picture. I read somewhere that your personal picture was visible to yourself and friends only and your gamer picture was what showed up to all others (obviously if they are the same picture, everybody sees the same thing). My dilemma is that when I go to change my gamer picture, I have to then repeat it for my personal picture (right below the gamer picture option on your profile in dashboard). For most people, changing your gamer picture automatically changes your personal picture, but not for me... and I'd like to know how to fix that.

Sorry this didn't help.

have you try clearing the cache yet? to make sure nothing is blocking the personal picture from changing support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="thiennguyen8199"]

have you try clearing the cache yet? to make sure nothing is blocking the personal picture from changing support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

[/quote]

I tried clearing the cache and it still doesn't fix the issue. The personal picture can be changed, but it has to be changed separately from the gamer picture; changing the gamer picture does not automatically change it, I have to change both.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Hal! I've been playing around with the Gamerpics menu and from what I can see, manually picking a Gamerpic from that menu will always need to be done for each one (public and personal). The only way I can find to update both at once is by taking an Avatar Gamerpic from the Avatar Editor. This will replace both Gamerpics.

I hope this information helps. Please let us know if we can provide any further assistance. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.