My profile. So confused

need help! I have had an xbox live account for years now (Barlow31). the profile was made by my brother and i in my brothers email. He no longer uses his email and doesnt know his password. He has tried and tried to get his password but can not get it. That leaves me with an xbox that i can not change emails on, so i can not participate in Forza horizon photo contests, and if i have any other problems with my xbox i can not check without having the email.  and other stuff as i can not sign into the xbox live account (barlow31) from my computer as i dont know the password. Is there anyway you guys can help me change the emails? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.. tired of all the frustration. thanks

Jordan

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Try this link:  It shows how to find your Microsoft account and/or password.

Hopefully, it will help to solve your problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

First, here's a little background, there are three email addresses in the Xbox system for every account.

1) The Microsoft Account, also known as the Windows Live ID, which is used to sign in at websites and download the profile to the Xbox. If that's wrong, you can keep using it until you have time to contact Xbox Support support.xbox.com/contact-us for help with your account.  You can change that at account.live.com/summarypage.aspx by selecting Update Email Addresse

2) The alternate email addresse which is where password reset messages are sent. You can see that at account.live.com/summarypage.aspx and change that by selecting Edit Security Info

3) The billing contact email addresse where billing statements are sent to. You can see and change that at http://xbox.com/accounts by choosing Billing Contact Information

2 & 3 can be the same. Ideally, 1 should not be 2 or 3 but they often are.

Now, as I understand it, you need to reset the password for the #1 addresse, no?

Sorry this didn't help.

To change the email, you must have the password.

1) To change the password. try account.live.com/.../reset

2) If you can't reset it, go to http://account.live.com/acsr SAVE THE EMAILS SENT TO YOU

3) If that fails, contact Support (1-800-4MY-XBOX Option 2 in the US et Canada) and provide them with the Console ID number from Settings | System | Console Settings | System Info (it's on the 2nd line) and the reference number from the email sent to you in Step 3, and submit a UE Request. Alternatively, you can go to http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:6:1 and click on Request A Call which is quicker. If you are not in the US, replace the red US with your country code (e.g., CA for Canada).

Sorry this didn't help.