My Profile keeps corrupting.

Right I usually keep my profile on my HDD and never have any problems with my profile corrupting, then I transfer my profile to a Memory Unit or USB drive and take it to a friends and use my profile on their 360 and play a few games on there, when I return I put the memory unit/USB drive in my 360 to transfer it back and its corrupted and yet when if I were to put it back in my friends 360 my profile isn't corrupted???

I know I can recover my profile but believe me having to recover a big profile like mine takes a good 2 - 3 hours and it gets very annoying having to do that every single time!!

Have XBL changed something as I never had this problem in the past?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Once you put your profile onto a USB Flash Drive there is no need to keep moving it from the USB drive to the console. Just use it from the USB drive and it won't have the chance of becoming corrupt.

To remedy it in this case you need to recover it onto your console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

but the problem is the moment I use my profile on another Xbox 360 then put the usb in my xbox it shows as corrupted. it is becoming very annoying having to spend 3 hours recovering my profile everytime I use it on someone elses xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Forgive the question but have these friends of yours been up to something naughty with their Xbox 360s?

If a console is banned or flagged to be banned, it corrupts any data that is written on it.

So if you plug your profile into one of these consoles, gain an achievement for example, and then try to use it in your clean console then BAM...it'll show as corrupted.

This is to stop people moving their profile back and forth between a banned and unbanned console.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, so read your posts. I will throw a twist in it. I have had my Xbox for about 6 months and had to reformat my USB drive the same number of times if not more. I never change consoles. It just stops working and needs to be reformated. Just this week I transferred  downloaded games and game info onto the USB drive and bam today it does not work. I did not even remove it from the console. HELP!!!!

I was trying to navigate their awful support website and saw forums. I hope someone can give a solution. Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Broom! What brand/model/size USB device are you using? Have you tried using a different one? If not, try formatting the USB device to FAT32 on your computer before formatting it again on the console. Let me know what works, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.