My profile is acting strangely when I try to play a game.

Hello all. I hope someone can help me out with this. It's my first time posting here with a problem so please bear with me if I don't give enough info or something.

Not sure what's going on, but when I log into my profile, it tells me I have the right number of gamer points. Then I try to play a game, and all my gamer points are gone! I try to sign out and back in with the game booted, and I'm prompted to select an avatar (which just brings up a message that the avatar couldn't be saved). Doesn't fix the problem. Also, I check the achievements for the game I'm trying to play, and there isn't even a list of them.

I return to the dashboard to find 0 for my gamerscore. Also, my dashboard is back to the default green, and not the Yankee background that I should have. When I sign out and back it, everything is back to normal, and the cycle starts again. Can anybody tell me what's going on and how to fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey mate, have you tried recovering your Gamertag to you console? If not, go ahead and give that a try. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please try formatting a USB stick for use with Xbox 360, and then try recovering to that instead (with the hard drive removed). Please let me know if you have any questions, and how things turn out!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.