My profile can't be recovered

It got corrupted after a friend decided to take out his memory unit (the little 64kb one) whilst he was signed in on XBL and i tried deleting the corrupted profile. The name 'corrupted profile' was then replaced by my profiles name. I continued playing offline but i had enough, so 3 days ago, i connected my xbox to XBL, deleted my profile and now i cant recover my profile, as it pops up saying 'this profile can not be recovered'. Can someone please explain how this happened?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi there!

Try clearing your update cache before you attempt to recover the gamertag, if you need help follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the "My xbox" slide on your dashboard.
  2. Scroll right, to the last page which is the "System Settings" page.
  3. Select "Memory" from the list of options.
  4. Highlight the hard drive and hit Y on your controller.
  5. Select the option to clear the update cache.
  6. Attempt to recover your xbox LIVE gamertag again.

If the error message continues to appear you will need to contact the xbox support line for your region.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

how can i update my microsoft live email address for xbox if i no longer have access to the email that i initially set up? I've done the password reset option but i can not access that email address to reset my password so i could update my email

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey LousyCoast45020! For help with your issue, please create your own thread in this forum! That way we can help you out individually. Make sure to include a detailed description of what you're experiencing and any errors you've encountered.

Also, since this thread is a few years old now, I'm going to go ahead and lock it! We'll look for your new post. :)

Sorry this didn't help.