My power supply brick doesn't shut down with the console...

Ever since I downloaded the new dashboard update (last week), my Xbox 360 has issues powering down. Basically when I shut down the console the power supply brick stays on, while the console turns off. Here is exactly what happens:

- I hit the shutdown button

- The screen turns black as if the console had shutdown

- The power supply brick stays on and still has a green light

- I look at the rings around the power button and they occasionally flash green.

In order to fix this problem I have to restart the console, then shut it down again for everything to turn off. Right now I know it has to do with the dashboard update, because the console was functioning correctly until I downloaded the update.

Is there a way to fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

If you are having a power issue, unplug EVERYTHING from the console (Power cords, ATV cords, etc.) and any USB devices.  Also, go head and take out the hard drive as well.  After you unplug every thing from the console, then hold the power button down for 5 seconds to discharge any reserved power stored in the console, after that wait about a minute, then plug everything back in.  Let me know if that solves the issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks it helped, it just takes the console 3-5 secs to fully power down now. Not sure if the dashboard update had something to do with it, but the power did turn off.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, great!  Glad I could help with the problem.  If you have anymore questions, then feel free to ask me!  Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.