my plug and play battery does not want to recharge at all

one of my two plug and play batteries will not charge at all. when i connect it to the USB cord it will switch on but the red light on the cord will not turn on and when i press the Xbox home button the battery sign disappears but as soon as i remove the cord it says i have one bar and the control switches off. I've swapped the batteries to see if it is the control but it is just that one battery. I've only had it for 3 months now and it happens on all the ports and if i connect it to the PC nothing happens. HELP!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

This sometimes happens is it was a faulty battery that just cant seem to hold a charge anymore.
One thing you can try is removing the battery and see if there is any residue on the 6 gold bars, inside the battery pack.
There is a high chance that you will need to get a new battery. Hopefully you can still exchange it like I had to do before.

I've had 1 battery do that to me. I bought the Red controller / Plug and Play kit bundle. I charged the battery once, Used that charge for 4 weeks, when I tried to charge it again, nothing would happen. The light would go from red to off and the controller would work as if it was wired. The moment you unplug the cable, the controller would shut off.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It seems like you have a faulty battery pack. The only thing I can suggest is purchasing a new OFFICIAL charge and play kit.

(May want to take a look at this link support.xbox.com/.../rechargeable-battery-pack-does-not-charge )

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there SeasickCube829,

Sorry to hear this is going on but how long exactly have you owned this play and charge kit? I ask this because all accessories come with a 90 day warranty and it might still barely fit in to that warranty period. Did this battery pack ever seem to work properly? Let us know. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.