My parents email account no longer exsists, Im Unable to access or change my account as its still a 'child' account.

I've been trying to access various parts of my xbox live to update my billing information etc etc, however as my account was made many years ago my account was formed as a 'child' account. Since those years have passed I am now leagally an adult however I did not update my account.

In attempt to change the billing information and update the child to adult account situation it required me to long in via my parents email account. The account was made years ago, my parents are sure that the deactivated that account, leading me to my problem today.

How do I go about fixing this, as I need to update the payment information pretty swiftly. 

If anyone could help that would be lovely.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello Fr3akgal!  Congratulations on entering adulthood!  Now to promote your account from child to adult.  You need to follow the instructions on this page: support.xbox.com/.../online-safety  Once you promote your account, you should be able to change the billing information without the need to recover your parent's account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ive followed those instructions it then prompts me to log in with the parental account. Which doesn't exist anymore.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm... If that is the case, Xbox support won't be able to help you.  You have to contact Microsoft support.  Here is a link to contact Microsoft support so they can help you:

commerce.microsoft.com/.../GetSupport

Sorry this didn't help.