My Old Gamertag? (little story)

Hello, I wasn't really sure where to put this topic. My first time asking for any help.

So my first Xbox Live account was created in 2007 I guess (since that is when I bought my first ever Xbox 360).

For the past few months or so, I came to remember what my first ever Xbox Live account was called!

I would really love to have my original Gamertag back, I even went as far as changing my account name to something similar to it..

I'm sure I'll be able to prove that it belongs to me: An XBL employee could check the profile of the old account and see that my Full Name and Location I put are identical to the ones displayed on my current account that I use now years later. I also have games displayed in my current history that I even played on the old account.

I've seen people post the same topic, except that the account wasn't theirs, they just wanted the Gamertag because the account has been inactive for years. That is not my case, the account actually used to belong to me.

I hope an ambassador could notify an employee to chat with me, that could possibly terminate the old account altogether so the Gamertag is available and E-Mail me when this happens. If only I could remember the E-Mail address used - I would pay to change the account's name. I really don't mind.

Anyway, let me know what can be done about this. Thanks for reading.

Sorry if all this information was totally not needed.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You would need to contact support directly. As long as you can verify that you are the owner of the account they can get you the email and you can reset the password. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.