My Official EA rant & question.

Are EA trying to make me boycot there franchise first of all they introduse a project dollar then they send childesh slurs at the call of duty franchise iim not the biggest fan of the COD series but EA are being tools.

But the final straw for me is not allowing TURN 10 to use Porches i mean what the hell my favourate make of cars and i cant drive them because of EA selfishness.

End of Rant.

Question: has any one bought a game from this site www.mightyape.co.nz/ as its a NZ website i dont know if the games are UK region or what. As i want Batman AC from there as the pre oder bonus is sexy.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just thought I'd point out that Activision and co were throwing insults straight back at EA as well :D

Until Bowling said he played an hour of Battlefield 3 and loved it, anyway.

EA are pretty bad, as are Activision. But there's an important thing to remember; they're businesses, which means they're out to make money, not keep you happy. It sucks, but it's the truth.

Anyway, a good 'ol fashion bit of trash talking is great PR :D

All I see when I read the O/P is "Me me me" and the sheer hypocrisy of it given the context of his argument.

@Malesoun notice the big thing at the top saying "MY RANT" and please explain the "hypocrisy"?

EA have been *** gamers over for a while now by re-releasing the same sports titles year with barely cosmetic improvements and then shutting down the older servers so you're forced to buy the latest version to play online.

The only real innovation EA have shown over the years is finding new and inventive ways to try and get people to pay for products they already own.

Their license hogging is not only keeping Porsche out of Forza 4.  It ruined "Test Drive: Unlimited 2" by keeping Lambroughini and Porsche out of the mix.

They dumbed down "Mass Effect 2" and killed "Dragon's Age 2".

Who cares if they scoffed at COD.  Activision want to charge you extra just like EA.

Az

[quote user="Da Ti Sc"]

Are EA trying to make me boycot there franchise first of all they introduse a project dollar then they send childesh slurs at the call of duty franchise iim not the biggest fan of the COD series but EA are being tools.

[/quote]

Not that I in any way endorse the online codes but EA are only doing the project Dollar thing on sports games mainly as for other console games you're getting extra content from the thing.

Heres the comparison for you.

BFBC2

VIP code 1200MSP (might be less now I'm not sure)

Grants access too

8 map packs

COD Blops

3 Map Packs cost 1200MSP each

4th map pack costing 1200MSP aswell unless you bought the more expensive version of the game, in which case its free

THQ

Places online codes on games limiting / restricting play etc.

EA give you something, even in the very controversial move with Alice the Madness returns where you get a full re worked copy of the previous PC game.

Also on the insult front.

Activision made some pops at BFBC in MW2 apparently in character names and other stuff.

EA / Dice then made 2 pops at MW2 in BFBC2 (the joke about special forces with motion sensors on guns, and the quad bikes > Snow Mobiles bits)

Bobby Kotick then claims EA aren't confident in their product as they refused him access to their E3 booth to see the game on show.

EA release photos of Bobby Kotick in the BF3 booth, even showing him having a quick hands on on one of the PCs

Activison refuse to accept EA showing they let him in calling EA liars.

An Activision executive then claims that EA is going to be making a BF Elite system and from what he's seen it will be inferior to COD Elite in every way.

Activison manages to get an article into circulation called "three reasons to give BF3 a miss" one reason being its not COD and COD is the kind of all console FPS games so BF3 will never compete with it.

EA  executives finally have enough of Activision taking swipes and just come right out and announce they are going to topple COD as the kind of FPS games because Activision will run COD into the ground just like many other series its had.

I think comparatively EA get a really bad rep compared to some companies and they don't deserve quite such a bad Rep. I mean THQ have basically closed all their Australian studios down, insulted their fans calling them morons only intrested in the next shiny thing, They forced Red Faction Armaghedon out before Violition wanted to release it (as violition wanted to add MP etc), they influenced the development of Homefront so much Kaos studios seeing what their product had been turned into shut themselves down as they weren't happy with what was being done with their name. Basically if Saints Row 3 flops THQ will be going bye bye.

And  YAWN  to  that

EA are awful cant stand the company, i rent or buy second hand all there games

Koas studios shut them self down? You got any link to that at all as everything i have seen suggests they were closed down, most likely because HomeFront was pretty poor and the server problems didnt help.....

[quote user="Mexicola1984"]

Koas studios shut them self down? You got any link to that at all as everything i have seen suggests they were closed down, most likely because HomeFront was pretty poor and the server problems didnt help.....

[/quote]

Not to hand but from what I recall Homefront sold pretty well (even if most people did then return the game 1 week later) so it wasn't some financial problem causing them to shut down. You have to remember Kaos studios was quite small and homefront sold alot more compared to their previous game Frontlines Fuel of war and they considered frontlines to be a financial success.

So they didnt shut themselves down? You cant just say it and make it so......